Skype for Business interop for on-premise deployments explained in 5 points
How Skype for Business Gateway leverages existing on-premise deployments & enables interop
- Customers continue to use their existing AV-MCU, which hosts all internal S4B and audio only calls.
- The S4B Gateway cloud will only host communications that require it. When connecting with an alternative platform or device, for instance.
- SIP & H.323 endpoints can be connected to S4B for conferencing with invites made in exactly the same way that you would a fellow S4B user. The Gateway automatically adds the dial-in information to the invitation, i.e. the method by which the user will join the meeting.
- The invitees join through their own preferred route, with the S4B Gateway providing interoperation and compatibility.
- Users can make and receive calls person to person and with clients on standards based devices; thus widening the reach of existing S4B systems.
BONUS: All this occurs natively within the Skype for Business App!
Have we piqued your interest in the Skype for Business Gateway? Awesome! Request a quick demo: firstname.lastname@example.org or read more here.